Position: Head of Internal Audit
Deadline: 26th / June / 2020
This position reports to the Board Audit Committee.
Role of the job
Plan, review and co-ordinate provision of prudent, efficient, and cost effective risk based audit and investigative coverage of head office and branch operations in accordance with the International Professional Practice Framework, internal auditing standards and set bank policies and procedures.
Key Result Areas
- To develop the internal audit strategy, budgets and annual plans for the Department.
- To develop a risk based annual activity plan, to ensure efficient and effective utilization of audit resources.
- To plan and execute and/or supervise the planning and execution of audit assignments, including working papers review to ensure high quality of audits/or other assignments and compliance with standards and policy.
- To review and ensure quality draft audit reports are submitted to the Board Audit Committee specifically, ensure that audit findings and recommendations are factual and appropriate.
- To monitor progress, identify/take appropriate corrective action and ensure timely completion of assignments.
- To draft audit methodology improvement papers to train staff and ensure compliance with IIA and FIA 2004.
- To manage staff performance and provide supervision, guidance, training and motivation to audit staff in line with the bank policy and audit training needs.
- To undertake offsite assessment and provide near real-time quarterly reports on emerging risks in the bank in line with attendant indicators and the policy framework.
- To co-ordinate and supervise investigative services to the line management to determine violation of policies and adequacy of internal controls.
- Certify returns submitted to the central bank in line with FIA, 2004
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
- At least three (5) years’ working experience in Auditing and Banking in a financial institution or External Accounting/Auditing Firm
- Must be a member of ICPAU
- Demonstrated high integrity, independence, objectivity, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- High level of Organization.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good personal presentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or business related field.
- Professional qualification of CPA.
Deadline: 26th /June / 2020
Send your Application Letter and CVs to email@example.com